Your career is just around the corner! Author Steven Covey made famous the saying “Begin with the end in mind,” meaning to start each day and each new task with a clear idea of the destination. Whether you consider your new life at Iowa State to be a challenge, an opportunity, or a little of both, taking the time to plan for your future sets you on the right track for academic and career success.
The following are great ways for students to find possible internships:
Apparel, merchandising, and design
Internships are available with corporate headquarters of retailers, design firs of all sites, stores, e-commerce agencies, showrooms, costumers, stylist, public relations firms, magazines, catalog companies, fair trade firms, forecasting firms, and shopping centers. For information about apparel, merchandising, and design internships, contact Ann Thye.
Internships are available with various event planning firms. Contact Rita McClain for more information about the opportunities that await you in this exciting field!
As a hospitality management student, you’ll complete a work experience with an Iowa State-affiliated group, such as ISU dining or one of the hospitality units. After you discover where your passion and strengths lie, you’ll find an internship with an external company, honing specific hospitality management skills and creating valuable networks of potential employers.
Internships are available with hotels, caterers, independent businesses, and country clubs to name just a few of the opportunities you will find. Contact Carolyn Elbert for more information about the opportunities that await you in this exciting field!
College of Human Sciences Career Services office can help you map out your goals, and guide you through the coursework and experiences you’ll need to land placement in a top graduate school, dream internship, or stellar first job.
- Advisers maintain a database of potential careers and internships.
- College of Human Sciences Career Services offers many career planning resources, including one-on-one student consultations.
- Students can use CyHire (Former Career Services Management System) to search job postings from companies that contact Iowa State to recruit.
- Companies visit campus each year during the career fair.
- Numerous alumni share opportunities with our students each semester through calls, emails, campus visits, etc.
- Professional networking opportunities are available to students through their degree programs.