If you’ve got what it takes to be a part of The Fashion Show team, we want to hear from you. Watch the Iowa State Daily and your email for reminders to apply at the appropriate time of year.
Models for The Fashion Show 2018 were already chosen last fall. If you are a student at Iowa State University and are interested in modeling for The Fashion Show 2019, tryouts will be held next fall 2019 semester.
Directors and committee member positions have already been filled for The Fashion Show 2018. If you would like to apply for a position for next year, look out for applications being released during the fall 2019 semester.
By working together under the leadership of the student assistant producers, producers, and the director, students – whether they are on a committee, walking down the runway, or designing garments – gain an outstanding experience for their professional portfolios and future career ventures.
- Are you a student looking for the ultimate leadership challenge in one of the most exciting student-run events of the year?
- Do you know of a spectacular student who would thrive in one of these leadership positions?
Find job description information on the leadership positions in Fashion Show Position Descriptions (PDF).
Event planning course
Being accepted as a leader for The Fashion Show includes enrollment in AESHM 272: Fashion Show Promotion and Production for committee members and AESHM 472: Fashion Show Management for directors.
Submit your entry!
The Iowa State University Fashion Show garment and project entries have already been accepted. Look for a link next fall 2019 semester to submit an electronic entry form prior to the submission deadline. It’s never to early to begin creating your designs for next year. Below is a list of potential categories to keep in mind:
New category list:
- Streetwear (Fall/Winter)
- Streetwear (Spring/Summer)
- Special Occasion (Cocktail)
- Special Occasion (Evening)
- Wearable Art/Costuming/Experimental
- Fashion Illustration
- Fiber Art/Sustainability
- Children’s Wear
- Graduate (Please also select another category)
- Digital Printing (Please also select another category)