- Event coordinator
- Event manager
- Wedding planner
- Special events coordinator
- Meeting planner
- Cruise event director
- Conference planner
- Conference services manager
- Hotel guest services manager
- Association manager
- Trade show/exhibit director
- Athletic production coordinator
- Corporate events planner
- Convention sales manager
Internships are available with various event planning firms. Contact Rita McClain for more information about the opportunities that await you in this exciting field!
The following are great ways for students to find possible internships:
- Students research potential internships and employers in two classes: AESHM 113, Professional Development, and AESHM 311, Seminar on Careers and Internships.
- Advisers maintain a database of potential careers and internships.
- College of Human Sciences Career Services offers many career planning resources, including one-on-one student consultations.
- Students can use CyHire (Former Career Services Management System) to search job postings from companies that contact Iowa State to recruit.
- Companies visit campus each year during the career fair.
- Numerous alumni share opportunities with our students each semester through calls, emails, campus visits, etc.
- Professional networking opportunities are available to students through NSMH and PCMA conferences.
Past internship experiences
View previous event management student internship experiences in Career Connections.