The College of Human Sciences Career Services office can help you map out your career goals and prepare you for future opportunities.
- Career services maintains a list of past jobs and internships held by students.
- Career services offers many career planning resources, including one-on-one student appointments.
- Students can use CyHire to search job and internship postings from companies that contact Iowa State to recruit.
- Career fairs are held each semester.
- Additional networking opportunities are available to students throughout the year.
Work with Career Services and your Internship Coordinator to identify internships.
Apparel, merchandising, and design
Internships are available with corporate headquarters of retailers, design firms of all sites, stores, e-commerce agencies, showrooms, costumers, stylists, public relations firms, magazines, catalog companies, fair trade firms, forecasting firms, and shopping centers.
Academic Internship Coordinator: Ann Thye
Various internships are available within event management.
Academic Internship Coordinator: Rita McClain
As a hospitality management student, you’ll complete a work experience with an Iowa State-affiliated group, such as ISU dining or one of the hospitality units. After you discover where your passion and strengths lie, you’ll find an internship with an external company, honing specific hospitality management skills and creating valuable networks of potential employers.
Internships are available with hotels, caterers, independent businesses, and country clubs to name just a few of the opportunities you will find.
Academic Internship Coordinator: Carolyn Elbert