The College of Human Sciences Career Services office can help you map out your career goals and prepare you for future opportunities.
- Career services maintains a list of past jobs and internships held by students.
- Career services offers many career planning resources, including one-on-one student appointments.
- Students can use CyHire to search job and internship postings from companies that contact Iowa State to recruit.
- Career fairs are held each semester.
- Additional networking opportunities are available to students throughout the year.
Work with Career Services and your Internship Coordinator to identify internships.
AESHM Academic Internship Coordinator: Bria Jenkins
Apparel, merchandising, and design
Internships are available with corporate headquarters of retailers, design firms, department stores & boutiques, e-commerce agencies, showrooms, costumers, stylists, public relations firms, magazines, catalog companies, fair trade firms, forecasting firms, shopping centers and many more!
Internships are available with nonprofit companies and corporate offices, stadiums and event centers, outdoor venues, wedding planning services, concert venues, sports teams, chambers of commerce, state fairs, festivals, award shows, performing art centers and many more!
As a hospitality management student, you will complete a work experience with an Iowa State-affiliated group, such as ISU dining or one of the hospitality units. After you discover where your passion and strengths lie, you will find an internship with an external company, honing specific hospitality management skills and creating valuable networks of potential employers.
Internships are available with hotels and resorts, caterers, event venues, cruise ships, yacht clubs, amusement parks, wineries and breweries, independent businesses, country clubs and many more!