The Digital Apparel and Textiles Studio houses a Mimaki Tx300P-1800 wide format printer, a bullet steamer, computerized embroidery equipment, and a digitizing table.
- The 8-color printer allows creation of photorealistic images with no limit to the range of color possible. Fabrics that can be printed include cottons of all types, various linens, and silk.
- Students and faculty create both printed yardage and engineered prints for apparel from computer illustrations and photographic images.
- Students have the opportunity to incorporate digitally printed textiles into their projects and many take advantage of this exciting technology.
- Undergraduate and graduate students have won numerous awards for designs created with digitally printed textiles.
DATS Lab services all students, faculty, and staff on campus. All transactions in the DATS Lab are billed directly to your UBill. Off campus clients need to contact Assistant Professor Ling Zhang directly.
- 3D Printer: $5.50 / cubic inch material
- Laser cutter: $0.10 / minute
- Semi-glossy Poster: $10.00 / 36” x 48”
- Paper pattern (black and white): $0.75/square feet
- Digital embroidery: $2/1000 stitches
- Digitize paper patterns in Modaris or Optitex: $0.50 / piece of pattern