- The Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency has awarded the “Development of hand-specific model and systematic tool (HMST) for next generation gloves used for firefighters and other emergency responders” project the Fiscal Year FY2018 Fire Prevention & Safety (FP&S) Grant in the amount of $1,499,990. Read the full news article.
- 03-03-2018 Congratulations to our team. A paper entitled “The effect of moisture content within multilayer protective clothing on protection from radiation and steam” can now be downloaded from the International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics.
- 02-20-2018 Congratulations to our team. A paper entitled “Development of a numerical model to predict physiological strain of firefighter in fire hazard” has been scheduled for online publication in Scientific Reports for February 26, 2018. The paper is open access and can be downloaded from www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-22072-8.
- 02-15-2018 Congratulations to our team. A paper entitled “Modeling steam heat transfer in thermal protective clothing under hot steam exposure” has been published in the International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.
Lab members’ poster presentations at 2018 International Textiles and Apparel Association Conference
- 12-07-2017 Dr. Guowen Song’s Research was featured in the Forward Magazine, with an article entitled “The future of protective clothing is happening at Iowa State.”
- 11-18-2017 Yulin Wu’s project entitled “A nano surface coating-Ag nanowires to improve thermal protection performance of three layers system in PPE” has been approved for funding by the AATCC Foundation.
- 10-10-2017 Members from the ICPC research group will attend the ICEE and ITAA conferences in Japan.
- 07-24-2017 Guowen Song to lead an interdisciplinary team to enhance protective clothing design, a story featured on the Iowa State University College of Human Sciences news
- 11-27-2016 Congratulations to Rui Li and Jie Yang for publishing a paper in the Textile Research Journal, entitled ”Assessment of thermal comfort of nanosilver-treated functional sportswear fabrics using a dynamic thermal model with human/clothing/environmental factors”.
- 04-26-2016 Ames lab wants to make smarter clothes
- 04-01-2016 Guowen Song, $317 million ‘revolutionary’ fiber initiative outlined in Cedar Rapids Gazette story
- 04-01-2016 Iowa State a partner in new textile manufacturing institute