Master of Science: Design and Merchandising, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado (2016)
Bachelor of Science: Textile Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (1998)
- Protective Clothing
- Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Graduate Research Assistant, Smart Textiles and Nanotechnology Lab, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Associate Professor & Chairman, Department of Textile Engineering, Bangladesh University of Business and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Assistant Professor, Department of Textile Engineering, Primeasia University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Assistant Manager (Weaving), Beximco Textile Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Production Officer (Weaving), Monno Fabrics Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Honors and Awards:
2017: ‘AATCC Foundation’ student research support grant for the project entitled “Development of colorimetric sensor for enhanced protection in chemical protective clothing” in November 2017.
2016: ‘Charlotte and Stanley Herren Graduate Fellowship’ from the College of Human Sciences, Iowa State University for 2015-2016 academic year.
2015: ‘AATCC Foundation’ student research support grant for the project entitled “Smart wound dressing for the detection of bacterial infection via colorimetric changes” in November 2015.
‘Shrake Culler Scholarship’, ‘Barbara Oliver Memorial Scholarship’, and ‘Pearle E Betts Graduate Fellowship’ in Health and Human Sciences for 2015-2016 academic year at Colorado State University.
2012: United Nations (UNIDO) Scholarship for pursuing M.Sc. in Advanced Materials at University of Bolton, UK in 2012. (Declined)
Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Yapor, J. P., Alharby, A., Gentry-Weeks, C., Reynolds, M. M., Alam, A. M., & Li, Y. V. (2017). Polydiacetylene nanofiber composites as a colorimetric sensor responding to Escherichia coli and pH. ACS Omega, 2(10), 7334-7342.
- Alam, A. M. (2016). Development and thermal characterization of polydiacetylene (PDA) nanofiber composites for smart wound dressing applications (Master Thesis, Colorado State University).
- Alam, A. K. M., Yapor, J. P., Reynolds, M. M., & Li, Y. V. (2016). Study of polydiacetylene-poly (ethylene oxide) electrospun fibers used as biosensors. Materials, 9(3), 202.
- Hasan, M. M., Alam, A. M., & Nayem, K. A. (2014). Application of electrospinning techniques for the production of tissue engineering scaffolds: A review. European Scientific Journal, ESJ, 10(15).
- Mahabubuzzaman, AKM.; Khan, A. N.; Miazi, O.G.; Alam, AKM M. (2013). Jute processing in rotor spinning for making jute and jute blended fine yarn. BUFT Journal, 1(1), 43-48.
- Afroz, N., Alam, A. K. M. M., & Mehedi, H. (2012). Analysis on the important factors influencing spirality of weft knitted fabrics”. Institutional Engineering and Technology (IET), 2(2), 8-14.
- Xiang, C.; Alam, A. M.; Vande Loo, S.; Steffensmeier, N.; Dai, R.; Sanders, E.; Baytar, F.; McKinney, E.; Roth, S.; Kaalberg, K.; & Hwang, C. Characterization of flexible solar panels for sustainable smart solar powered apparel. ITAA 2017 Annual Conference, St. Petersburg, Florida, November 14-18, 2017.
- McKinney, E.; Baytar, F.; Roth, S.; Kaalberg, K.; Hwang, C.; Vande Loo, S.; Steffensmeier, N.; Xiang, C.; Dai, R.; Alam, A. M.; & Sanders, E. Designing a solar powered jacket for the day hiker: Application of the apparel design framework and functional, expressive, and aesthetic (FEA) consumer needs model. ITAA 2017 Annual Conference, St. Petersburg, Florida, November 14-18, 2017.
- McKinney, E.; Baytar, F.; Kaalberg, K.; Roth, S.; Hwang, C.; Vande Loo, S.; Steffensmeier, N.; Alam, A. M.; Xiang, C.; Dai, R.; & Sanders, E. Solaris: A unisex solar-powered jacket for the day hiker. ITAA 2017 Annual Conference Design Exhibition, St. Petersburg, Florida, November 14-18, 2017.
- Alam, A. M.; Yapor, J. P.; Reynolds, M.M.; & Li, Y. V. Smart wound dressing fibers for detecting bacterial infection via colorimetric changes. The 2015 Fiber Society Fall Meeting and Conference, Raleigh, NC, Oct. 28-30, 2015.
- The Fiber Society
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- Institute of Engineers (IEB), Bangladesh
- Institute of Textile Engineers and Technologists (ITET), Bangladesh
- Member, Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS) Conference Committee, Iowa State University.
- Member, University Childcare Committee, Iowa State University.