- Doctor of Philosophy, Iowa State University (08/2015 – Present)
- Master of Science, Michigan State University (08/2012 – 05/2014)
- Bachelor of Arts, Bejing Hospitality Institute (09/2008 – 07/2012)
- Consumer Behavior & Psychology
- Foodservice & Restaurant Management
- 2014-2015 Management, Gourmet Village Restaurant, Okemos, Michigan
- 2013-2014 MSU Culinary Service, Michigan State University, East Lansing
- 2010-2011 G.O. Trainee, Food & Beverage Department, ClubMed Resort, Yabuli, China
Honors and Awards:
- CHS Graduate Scholarship, Iowa State University
- Damaris Pease FCS Fellowship, Iowa State University
- Minor Michael Award, Michigan State University
- H. William Elizabeth Klare Scholarship, Michigan State University
- Second and Third Level Scholarship, Beijing Hospitality Institute
- Outstanding Student Leader, Beijing Hospitality Institute
- Teaching Assistant, HB-100, Michigan State University
- Delegate, Young Hoteliers Summit (YHS), Lausanne, Switzerland (2012)
- Delegate, Young Hoteliers Summit Asia (YHSA), Beijing, China (2011)
Xu, Y. & Jeong, E. (2018). Consumer persuasion knowledge on green restaurant advertising-the moderating role of stated motives. Proceeding from the 23nd Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality & Tourism. Dallas, TX.
Xu, Y. & Jeong, E. (2017). The effect of attribute versus benefit appeal messages on green restaurant promotion. Proceeding from the 22nd Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality & Tourism. Houston, TX.
Xu, Y. & Kim, S.H. (2016). The motivating impact of hotel online reviews and price on consumer booking intention. Paper presented at 22nd Asia Pacific Tourism Association Conference, Beijing, China. APTA.
Professional Affiliations: ICHRIE