The Danielson Conservation lab is a 375-square-foot specialized laboratory and classroom where textiles from the collection are cared for and preservation methods are taught.
Professor Donna Rae Danielson received her B.S. (1957) and M.S. (1961) from Iowa State University and joined the Textiles and Clothing faculty in 1964. Danielson retired in 1991. Following her death in 2006, her estate provided a significant bequest toward the establishment of the new Textiles and Clothing Museum.