The Waldee Storage Facility is an environmentally controlled 700-square-foot space in which current conservation standards are practiced. This storage space secures approximately 6,000 of the museum’s 9,500 artifacts in compact storage units and is closed to the public.
Edward Waldee received his B.S. (1937) and Ph.D. (1942) in plant pathology from Iowa State College and worked abroad in international agriculture development. Bertha J. Waldee was a professor in the textiles and clothing program at Utah State before her marriage. The Waldees gave the collection numerous examples of Asian and Middle Eastern ethnic textiles collected from their travels.
The Waldee estate provided funding for the state-of-the-art storage facility.